AtaBank OJSC shares are owned by the legal entity Synergy Group LLC (86%) and individuals (14%).
Rights of shareholders
Shareholders of the bank have the following rights, provided for by article 106-1.3 of the Civil Code of the Azerbaijan Republic, the country's legislation and the bank’s statute:
- To participate in the management of the bank in the manner prescribed by law, elect and be elected to management and executive bodies of the bank (except for owners of preferred shares);
- To receive information about the activities of the bank and get acquainted with the annual report and the balance sheet of the bank once a year in the manner prescribed by law;
- To require the convening of the general meeting of shareholders of the bank;
- To require changes to the agenda of the general meeting of shareholders of the bank;
- To participate with the right to vote in the general meeting of shareholders of the bank and demand a copy of its protocol;
- To receive dividends from the net profit of the bank;
- Upon termination of the bank’s activities, to receive a certain part of the remaining property after the bank has fulfilled the claims to creditors and paid accrued but unpaid dividends, as well as the cost of liquidation of preferred shares;
- To have other rights specified in the Civil Code and the legislation of the country.