AtaBank, successfully operating since 1993, is one of the largest commercial banks in Azerbaijan. AtaBank is a high-tech universal bank providing a full range of services to corporate and private clients. The bank is one of the most reliable financial institutions in the country. The main events in the history of the bank are the following:
- 1997 - AtaBank became a full member of the Baku Interbank Currency Exchange.
- 2001 - AtaBank joined SWIFT, became a member of the AZİPS national payment system and the Azerbaijan Banks Association.
- 2002 - AtaBank became a member of the Baku Stock Exchange.
- 2003 - AtaBank became a member of the National Fund for Entrepreneurship Support. The first regional branch of the bank opened in the city of Khachmaz. AtaBank became a member of the Western Union international money transfer system.
- 2004 - AtaBank became a member of the Azerbaijan-Turkey Business Association (ATİB).
AtaBank became an associative member of the VISA International and began issuing three VISA products: VISA Electron, VISA Classic, VISA Gold.
The bank became the winner of the national award UĞUR in the nomination “Reliable Bank”.
- 2006 - AtaBank became a member of the Azerbaijan Mortgage Fund. In May, the bank became a full member of VISA International.
- 2007 - AtaBank became a member of the Deposits Insurance Fund. In order to improve and adapt the management system to international standards, on April 3, 2007, the bank was certified by Bureau Veritas and received the ISO 9001:2000 certificate no. 210667. In May, the bank began issuing Visa Platinum and Visa Business plastic cards. AtaBank, constantly presenting new services on the market and always remaining committed to this trend, prepared and provided clients with customized design cards Visa Electron Solo, Visa Classic Solo.
- 2009 - AtaBank became a member of the Azerbaijan Association of Risk Professionals (ARPA) and connected to the state information system for mass payments (APUS).
- 2010 - AtaBank for the first time in the CIS presented the Visa Electron Vertical card, which further strengthened the status of an innovative bank. The bank won the national award UĞUR for “Implementation of Innovative Technologies”.
- 2011 - For the first time in South Caucasus, AtaBank presented flavored Visa Electron Aroma Lemon and Visa Classic Aroma Coffee cards to its customers. The bank, together with Golden Pay, introduced a new Bill Pay service on the market.
- 2012 - Fitch Ratings assigned AtaBank a long-term “B-” rating with a “stable” outlook and a short-term “B” rating.
- 2013 - AtaBank, being a full member of Mastercard, began issuing four products of this payment system: Maestro, Mastercard Standard, Mastercard Gold, Mastercard Platinum. At the end of the year, the London-based analytical magazine Global Banking and Finance Review presented AtaBank with the award “Best Commercial Bank of Azerbaijan 2013”.
- 2014 - AtaBank has begun opening accounts and identifying customers in accordance with the procedures and requirements of FATCA, starting from: for individuals – 01.07.2014, for legal entities – 01.01.2015. In the same year, the Internet banking service AtaNet was introduced.
- 2015 - The bank began issuing Mastercard Contactless and Visa PayWave contactless cards.
- 2016 - The bank connected to the Xəzri money transfer system. Currently, the following money transfer systems are available in the bank: Western Union, Xəzri, Zolotaya Korona, Contact, Blizko.
- 2017 - The bank became part of the Synergy Group. After the general decision of the shareholders, Caspian Development Bank was joined to AtaBank, as a result of which AtaBank became one of the leading banks in the country in terms of financial indicators.
- 2017 - The bank signed a partnership agreement with one of the world's leading payment systems - UnionPay International.
- At the end of 2017, AtaBank was awarded a special diploma as the winner in the nomination “Bank with the Largest Number of Contactless POS-terminals”. Following the results of the same year, AtaBank, as the first bank in Azerbaijan that successfully completed the consolidation process and carried out successful operations during the year, became the winner in the nomination “Bank of the Year”.
- 2018 - AtaBank, with its Internet and Mobile Banking service AtaNet, became the Bank of the Year in the nomination “Technology & Operations” at the Asian Banking & Finance Wholesale Banking Awards 2018 event in Singapore with participation of the world's leading banks.
2019 - For the first time in Transcaucasia and also in Southeast Europe AtaBank began issuing Visa Signature card.
2019 - AtaBank's updated website won an Azerbaijan National Internet Award NETTY 2019.
Update date - 20.06.2019